[opendtv] Re: Latest 5th Gen

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:29:28 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
 > On the other hand, there's nothing quite as
 > aggravating as petulant, whiny children. We aren't
 > getting DVB-T, okay? Get over it.

This often seems to be the response when someone criticizes ATSC.  But
ATSC continues be be vulnerable to criticism because the repeated
promises for improvement continue to be broken.

It is of course somewhat offensive to be called a whiny child.  And is
possibly somewhat stuffy to make such authoritative statements about an
uncertain future.  Not a good debating technique but maybe at least a
way to bring uncomfortable topics to an embarrassed silence.

At least you didn't print in all caps.  ;-)

- Tom