[opendtv] Re: LG LST-3410A PVR

  • From: "Silvio Macedo" <s.macedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:24:03 -0000

I'm involved in one situation where the STB will be trivial, but
enough to allow networked PVR - that is, PVR functionality is in the
network servers of the provider, commanded by a simple and cheap STB.
For the user, he feels like he actually has a PVR at home.

Think of all the advantages: better control of rights, more and better
services, possibly much easier to operate for the user, failsafe
recording, lower initial investment, easier upgrades, personalization,
more diverse and easier evolution of business models...=20

Silvio