[opendtv] Re: LG LST-3410A PVR

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 19:08:25 -0500

Mark Schubin wrote:

> The 3410 is 4th generation.

Booo.

More foot dragging by LG, then, even for what would appear to
be a high price item. I wouldn't put a PVR in the same category
as a bare bones STB.

How can LG rationalize 5th gen receivers in integrated TV sets,
but not in integrated recording devices? I'd say logically, it
makes more sense to put the best receivers in recording devices.
They have to work with no one there to twiddle the antenna.