[opendtv] Re: Is 'Fair Use' in Peril?

  • From: Morris Jones <mojo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:42:42 -0800

John Willkie wrote:
> So, is it common for Tivo folks to do this?  I can see this being a great
> waste of time, since the slack period is just that, slack period, waiting
> for enough of the show to get into the file so that you can skip over
> commercials.  How much do people pay for this "convenience?"

It's pretty common for me.  I'd never start watching a show that's on
"now" until at least fifteen minutes after its official start time.
There's always something else on the disk, or something else to do
(catch up on OpenDTV).

Are you asking the cost of the product or the fifteen minutes?  I have
one of the DirecTV HD TiVos, so mine is a little more costly than average.

Cheers,
Mojo
--
Morris Jones