[opendtv] Re: Invention: The TV-advert enforcer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeroen Stessen" <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hey, if we can block your channel change buttons then we can also
> block your mute button and your off button. We can even increase the
> volume and the contrast, and turn on the AmbiLight for you. Make you
> enjoy all the commercials at optimum intensity for maximum effect.
> And then you gotta buy a key from us to unlock this new feature...

Straight out of the classic Outer Limits opening:

"There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust
the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder,
we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it
to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to
crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the
vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you
see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches
from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."

> And that was a joke.   ;-)

Sure you were, Jeroen, sure you were.

John