[opendtv] Re: Integrated DTV PSIP

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:45:45 -0500

The problem is that in the UK, the power levels/coverage areas are well
coordinated, and there are not large variations due to ERP / location
(/there are a lot of good reasons to apply the technical/common shared
system approach used in other parts of the worlds, but for a variety of
reasons that I won't go into for fear of starting Craig up again on the
"utility" broadcast concept that won't work in today's world unless we
turn everything upside down, I won't go there/... :^) ). This means that
many/most of the crippling receiver issues relative to front end
performance are less of an impediment to reception capabilities.
Also, far fewer stations over a much smaller geographic area...

--
><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology

<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><

===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

If mankind were to resolve to agree
in no institution of government,
until every part of it had been
adjusted to the most exact standard
of perfection, society would soon
become a general scene of anarchy,
and the world a desert.

~ ~ ~ Alexander Hamilton ~ ~ ~

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.