[opendtv] Re: Integrated DTV PSIP

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 14:22:47 -0600

Does anyone have a box that has an EPG that works well?

My Accurain box has it, and if a station is transmitting it
eventually the box will display it. It even shows show descriptions
if they exist.

BUT ... the key word is "eventually". It is bog slow ... not
nearly as slow (up to 8 minutes) as the Dish Network EPG (if
you scroll past the current time) ... but still unacceptably slow.

This thing tries to make up a guide that includes all stations,
not just the one you are watching. This means that it has to scan
through the channels ... waiting for each and every one (and we have
lots) that it can't get because the antenna is pointing the wrong way.

Soes anybody think of any of these sorts of things when designing
boxes?

Doug McDonald