[opendtv] Re: In Shift, Ads Try to Entice Over-55 Set

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:53:13 -0400

 The program has grown in popularity since Stewart took over hosting, with
 organizations such as the Pew Research Center claiming that it has become
 a primary source of news for many young people, an assertion the show's
 staff have repeatedly rejected.

But again, as these kids grow up, you are assuming they will continue to not be interested in more meaty news or other programs. Even if the content is provided over a more diverse set of media than just OTA and cable, which no doubt is and will be the case, there's no reason to believe that today's The Daily Show audience will never grow up and never demand more substantial content.

More likely they will lead the next revolution to take back our country and restore the Constitutional Republic.

A simple reality.

We have absolutely no problem finding recent college graduates with engineering degrees, willing to work for minimum wage...

The current drain on the global economy from out of control governments is not sustainable.

A better analysis is that when these kids grow up they may be willing to stop taking"the Soma."