[opendtv] Re: IEEE Ericsson article on use of LTE for TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 19:45:50 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> You refuse to deal with the MVPD walled gardens, and Apple's.
>
> But Microsoft and Adobe get a free pass...

They don't get a free pass.

I wouldn't want Microsoft to control who can write applications for them, and I
wouldn't want Adobe to be the only option I have for streaming. But as long as
they created a business model that helped them to become a universal de-facto
standard, I wouldn't want anyone to block them, either.

It's all consistent, Craig. You should try it.