[opendtv] Re: IEEE Ericsson article on use of LTE for TV

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 21:20:02 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> The ability to run Windows, DOS and Linux on Intel Macs has been
> commonplace for years.

Evidently, only if you run a VM or if you ALSO have the "other" OS installed.
Let's not be disingenuous.

> Why would someone pay a little more for a Mac just to run another
> OS that you can install on cheap commodity PCs?

Because it's his fr*ggin machine! What business is it of anyone else?

Next thing you know, Apple will become even more like an MVPD, and they will
only agree to "loan" or "rent" their Macs and other toys.

So once again, I'm amazed how you lambaste the congloms for protecting their
own content, although they allow it on any number of MVPDs, OTA stations,
online OTT services, DVDs, while Apple can run this closed shop up and down the
ladder.