[opendtv] Re: I don't mean to be rotten but economics has done it in for US DTV and the schoolboy bullies on this reflector...

  • From: "Hughes Gary-DJWV76" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:45:34 -0500

So which is it? They are not the same thing.

We're seeing a lot of pull for H.264 from the telco/IPTV side.
Originally I think the motivator was the ability to send 2 or more
entertainment quality SD streams down one xDSL line. Now it has become
part of the zeitgeist. Like whats-her-name says on the DirecTV HD ad, "I
totally don't know what that means, but I want it".

gary

Gary Hughes
Video Architect, Advanced Engineering
Motorola On Demand Solutions, MA34