[opendtv] Re: Humax Ships $229 ATSC Set-Top Tuner

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:11:19 -0800

The benchmark set in congressional debate was an ATSC into NTSC converter
box selling for less than $300 1996 U.S. dollars, and this box would seem to
qualify.

Since this is up for debate in the current Congress, I'd venture to say that
either the ambiguity in the 85% rule will be eliminated, and the quesiton
will be how to finance the purchase converter boxes for "po people with the
shade on the light." ("Show Biz Kids", Steely Dan, circa 1972).