[opendtv] Re: How important are new Codecs wrt OTA Broadcasting?

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:04:29 -0500

That's what you've alluded to all along, that LG will not sell the 5th gen
chipset separate from the Innotech receiver module.  So anybody wishing to
use the LG chipset is also crippled with the inferior LG Innotech RF front
end that underperforms the LG Cold Fusion prototype.

This is clearly the Broadcaster's fault.

John