[opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC?

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:28:47 -0800

From: Cliff Benham:

"I have 4 outside antennas [2-Us, 1 V-Lo and 1 V-Hi] and 6 ATSC
receivers....2 HDsets and 4 NTSC color sets...plus my collection of 9
working antique sets....

"The 1080i HD component outputs of 4 receivers feed 2 HDTV sets through a
4X2 component router.

"The NTSC output of each recceiver feeds ... 6 different signals to the all
theTVs via ... a 'house' cable system."

We often speak of how we here on the discussion board are not the typical
American media consumers.  But you may well take the prize for being the
most atypical, at least in terms of technology in the home!

I don't know if I should admit this, but the only display devices that I am
using at home are two 27" CRTs with a government funded ATSC receiver and
DVD player on each one.  I use a VHS VCR to switch between the two on the
TV in the bedroom.

My wife, on the other hand, uses her old laptop in her office as a
streaming receiver, using Netflix and various websites to provide her
media.

It's not that we don't want an HDTV, or other new technologies; it's just
that our budget priorities are elsewhere.

Dan