[opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC?

Barry Brown wrote:
I'd like to point out, in my household, I have 2 HDTV sets and 1 NTSC set, each able to view ATSC OTA. I use an attic antenna and Dish DVRs with OTA tuners. I watch OTA quite often as Dish does not provide all ATSC local channels and ATSC OTA has better quality than satellite ATSC locals (fewer video and audio dropouts).

Not sure, I might be in the minority, but people like myself should not be forgotten when discussing the end of ATSC OTA.

Barry Brown

I watch OTA exclusively, having canceled all pay services several years ago.

I have 4 outside antennas [2-Us, 1 V-Lo and 1 V-Hi] and 6 ATSC receivers.

There are 2 HDsets and 4 NTSC color sets in use, plus my collection of 9 working antique sets [3 color] from the 1940s-50s.

The 1080i HD component outputs of 4 receivers feed 2 HDTV sets through a 4X2 component router.

The NTSC output of each recceiver feeds an analog channel modulator that distributes the 6 different signals to the all theTVs
via a combiner and a 'house' cable system.

I receive DTV signals from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Lancaster and Atlantic City. They are not perfect all the time, but reliable enough for information and news.

Except for PBS and the news, I seldom watch any network programming.

~Cliff in rural PA, at least 37 miles from everything.