[opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC?
- From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:34:26 -0500
Barry Brown wrote:
I'd like to point out, in my household, I have 2 HDTV sets and 1 NTSC set, each able to view ATSC OTA. I use an attic antenna and Dish DVRs with OTA tuners. I watch OTA quite often as Dish does not provide all ATSC local channels and ATSC OTA has better quality than satellite ATSC locals (fewer video and audio dropouts).I watch OTA exclusively, having canceled all pay services several years ago.Not sure, I might be in the minority, but people like myself should not be forgotten when discussing the end of ATSC OTA.Barry Brown
I have 4 outside antennas [2-Us, 1 V-Lo and 1 V-Hi] and 6 ATSC receivers.There are 2 HDsets and 4 NTSC color sets in use, plus my collection of 9 working antique sets [3 color] from the 1940s-50s.
The 1080i HD component outputs of 4 receivers feed 2 HDTV sets through a 4X2 component router.
The NTSC output of each recceiver feeds an analog channel modulator that distributes the 6 different signals to the all theTVs
via a combiner and a 'house' cable system.I receive DTV signals from Baltimore, Philadelphia, Lancaster and Atlantic City. They are not perfect all the time, but reliable enough for information and news.
Except for PBS and the news, I seldom watch any network programming. ~Cliff in rural PA, at least 37 miles from everything.
Other related posts:
- » [opendtv] How Many In US Use ATSC? - dan . grimes
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - Bob Miller
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - Barry Brown
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - Cliff Benham
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - Manfredi, Albert E
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - dan . grimes
- » [opendtv] Re: How Many In US Use ATSC? - Tom Barry