[opendtv] Re: Highfield unveils vision for Freeview's future

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:36:48 -0700

"record everything" is what I glommed onto.
And, to the extent I was misguided, I stand corrected.

Of course, the cost of storage is cheap if you don't have what you consider
priceless content archived on the drive.

2 6-mhz channels would satisfy my media needs for about 10 seconds.  Sounds
like you've been lodged on a 'mini-cable' replacement.  That sounds like
'low-hanging-fruit" to me.

Right now, there seems to be a rush to provision Spanish-language channels
via DTV in the U.S.  This is a low socio-economic market (as latino
immigrants acquire more wealth and English, they tend to prefer
English-language programming) like the one that colorably your idea would
serve.