[opendtv] Re: Half Truths - Was More 1080p@60

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:57:40 -0500

I lament the fact that we didn't take advantage of the DTV transition to kill 29.97, 23.976, and 59.94.

As the recent exchange with Russ Wood pointed out, drop frame time code alone would have been reason enough to kill off those framerates.

It would have been too much to ask to have transitioned to a common worldwide set of acquisition formats in DTV.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>

While I am certain that your neww developments will look very good, it is unfortunate that we did not take advantage of the DTV transition to move to a more friendly/useful set of frame rates that are a better match for the human visual system.