[opendtv] Re: HDTV-Brochure_2005final

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:14:06 -0500

Hey I am kidding. I had a smiley at the end of that post.  :-)

"calculated" meaning you would have had to or wanted to go to a more
robust mode for the Mediascreen?

At the time I WAS disappointed that you didn't bring on the Mediascreen.
The Mediascreen had starred at the NAB show just months before the
hearings.  I thought it was an ace you should play. Always will wonder
of any of many "one more things" could have been done by a lot of people
and entities that would have tipped the balance. You guys were the best.

Nokia sent a letter.
Pace spoke too softly.
The DVB Group said their hands were tied by their CEA members.
Engineers at various entities said they would lose sales if they spoke up.
People were trusted to be at least professional who were not.

Sinclair took all the arrows.

Bob Miller