[opendtv] Re: HDTV-Brochure_2005final

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:34:17 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> But HDTV was also important to CBS and Flaherty,

I really don't get this attitude *at all* here.

Ever since I was a grade school kid, I wondered
why movies, projected slides, and even 8mm home
movies were *so* infinitely better quality than
anything out of the idiot box. And mind you,
this is when TV for me was the 819 line French
system.

I don't understand why anyone would need to look
for conspiracy theories to figure out why HDTV
is a natural and good thing. It should be drop
dead obvious. That CBS had more vision than
others is only incidental.