[opendtv] Re: Google TV, Usability Not Included

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 18:13:25 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> Perhaps it will help Bert understand that it is not a simple "Cut
> and Paste" exercise to move the web surfing experience from a
> lean forward computer with keyboard and mouse, to the lean back
> environment of the sofa or easy chair.

Had you read the article, you would have seen that both keyboard and mouse are
required anyway. And had you listened, you might have seen that I've repeatedly
stated that the CE vendors can create a simpler browser experience, as Sony had
done in their previous Vaio, WITHOUT getting in bed with the content providers,
and without forcing dependence on just one search engine.

The red flags go up, or should go up, when articles explain that collusion is
occurring.