[opendtv] Global standard

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:00:07 -0400

We always had a dream about a global HD broadcasting standard. In creating
ATSC we were hoping to have as many countries as possible to sign up. It
seems it does not work in case of broadcasting media. It is always
government, political, 50-60 and other issues that make these standards more
or less local or regional. We had a little more success with DVD at least
creating same basic global platform but still culture and politics split it
into regions.

However, internet is a different media altogether. And at this time it
mostly intraoperative for video globally.

Question: does it make sense to formalize standard or set of standards to be
used for video content on the internet?

Best Regards,

Mike Tsinberg

 <http://keydigital.com/> http://keydigital.com