[opendtv] Re: From Ed Reitan

I used to blame the trees because I had problems once they had leaves on them. Hence my old AVS HDTV Forum sig:

   "This sentience has tree errors"

- Tom

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Al Limberg wrote:

The comment on wind is interesting.  Presumably wind gusts
buffeting the antenna cause dynamic multipath problems the
adaptive equalizer cannot follow.

Al, as another data point, I also get some dropouts in very windy
conditions when using the indoor antenna (and the window is closed).

So, at least with 3rd gen boxes, evidently the tree limbs moving about
creates enough of a disturbance. We definitely have trees along all of
our signal paths.

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx