[opendtv] Freeview NZ in nearly 22% of homes

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:51:59 -0500

More "mysterious" acceptance of FOTA TV, and even more "mysterious"
availability of FOTA DBS.

My guess is that New Zealand also must have a TV tax? And that must be the
crucial ingredient??

Bert

---------------------------
http://www.dtg.org.uk/news/news.php?class=countries&subclass=0&id=3668

Freeview NZ in nearly 22% of homes

Freeview NZ is now in nearly 22% of households across New Zealand, as a result
of the platform achieving its highest performing quarter since it launched in
2007.

The number of households able to receive Freeview NZ at the end of 2009 reached
346,116. This figure combines the 189,708 Freeview satellite homes (an increase
of 11,791 from the last quarter) and 156,408 Freeview HD homes (an increase of
42,354 from the last quarter).

"These impressive quarterly figures, our best ever, indicate that New
Zealanders are becoming increasingly aware of the benefits of moving their
viewing from analogue TV to Freeview-enabled digital TV," says Sam Irvine,
Freeview General Manager.

"We are also very pleased to announce the addition of Shine TV to Freeview.
Shine TV will launch on April 1st on the Freeview satellite® platform. As
always, we are committed to offering the best digital, free-to-air, viewing
experience possible and this adds to our already exciting and diverse selection
of channels," adds Sam Irvine.

DTG Staff 11.02.2010