[opendtv] Re: Forget 3D, Web-connected TV's the Thing

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 09:50:13 -0700

Funny; just after I wrote the post below, I received a white paper about
Google-TV:

http://connectedplanetonline.com/images/CONNECTIONS-GoogleTV-whitepaper.pdf

Dan

From:       Dan Grimes/UNLV
To:         opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:       08/20/2010 09:44 AM
Subject:    Re: [opendtv] Re: Forget 3D, Web-connected TV's the Thing

Cliff Benham wrote:
"Have you ever watched You Tube on a 38 inch 16:9 set? Sucks is far too
gentle a word."

You know they have 720P video now on You Tube.  It isn't broadcast quality
but it is watchable (technical quality, that is).  Now if someone would
upload some good content and be able to find it efficiently, I might be
able to consume it!

But I think web-connnected TVs are brilliant and a great step towards the
future.  I bet I will purchase a new TV with this capability before I think
of 3D.  I enjoy the immersion experience but it is not as important as the
actual subject material.  In fact, I am thinking about buying a PS3, which
is cheaper than a computer, just to use Netflix.

To me, the real issue with Free-Over-The-Internet (or FOTI, I think this is
how Bert is using it) and the Internet enabled TV is efficiently finding
the content (programming) one is looking for and is interested in.

Dan

GIF image