[opendtv] Re: Food for thought

There aren't any MPEG-2 video formats.  Why do you persist in this unfounded
constraint year after year?  But there are SMPTE video formats, which are
recommended but not required in the A/53.

MPEG-2 provides how to compress video in ISO/IEC 13818-2 (aka MPEG-2 video)

Of course, if you actually knew something by reading 13818-2, instead of
merely opining about it, you would know that neither 200 or 600 is divisible
by 16 and that a frame rate of 69.48 is not possible per MPEG-2.  MPEG-2
video display sizes have to be divisible by 16.  For example, 1920 x 1080 is
actually 1920 x 1088.

ATSC attempted to add additional constraints that favored IP held by certain
Japanese vendors.  Funnily enough, I learned this on this list since you
have been a member.

The FCC rejected this constraint.

John Willkie