[opendtv] FCC cracking down on misleading advertised broadband speeds

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OPENDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:07:17 -0700

It seems a good start but I'm not confident that anything useful will ensue.

I know that I recently upgraded to a 7 mbs DSL service from Verizon but it
never tests higher than 2.5 down and 0.5 up.
However, in reality, I don't ever recall seeing a down speed even close to
the tested number.
(I know the actual number is mostly dependent upon the feeding servers speed
but I do smell a general industry shame).

http://broadcastengineering.com/news/FCC-cracking-down-on-misleading-advertised-broadband-speeds/index.html