[opendtv] Re: FCC Commissioners disagree on media cross-ownership rules

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 16:13:39 -0800

I stand corrected, but I can say that I hadn't used the final list.

So, why is my customer outputting his DTV exciter on channel 6 and
transcoding to channel 22?  I should have remembered that the major channel
is 5.

Channel 5 doesn't need to protect fm stations, but there is the matter of
terrestrial and CB interference.

WRGB has Canadian protection issues (which limits your flexibility but
minimizes new FM stations), and the only other new callsign that is somewhat
familiar is WEDY, but I can't remember the market.

The number is still short.  KOIN, the McGraw Indy station, and San Luis
Obispo/Santa Maria all gave up 6, and those are just the ones off the top of
my head.

John