[opendtv] Re: EETimes.com - DVB ponders next-gen terrestrial DTV standard

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 22:00:04 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

 > This has been overstated starting back in 2002/2003. Robustness issues
 > are basically solved.

and

 > The robustness issue should no longer be a problem, even if it once was.

and

 > The robustness problem was solved three years ago. It's time to
 > stop beating tired old drums.

Yes, you told us three times.  But I still don't believe it.

For something to be a solution to the ATSC "robustness problem" it must
be a commercially viable solution.  If that was really so then we would
see plentiful examples of that solution for sale.

I don't think almost anybody much cares anymore how good ATSC looks on
paper or in carefully staged demos with one-off prototypes.

- Tom