[opendtv] Re: Dueling Statutes?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:56:15 -0700

I'll address just one point.  There never was a first-generation Mac.  There
was a failed, bloated product that had been in development for three years,
called the Apple Lisa (the name of Steve Job's girlfriend, and the mother of
his first child -- although he denied it for many years, if only because it
would cost him money.  (He eventually, many years later, faced up to his
parental responsibilities, at least to the extent of paying for child
support.)

It was slimmed down, made to work in 128K of memory, the console was
removed, and it became the "first generation" of MacIntosh.

And, it's hard to believe that someone with such an Apple-shaped head
WOULDN'T know this fact.  Of course, some people omit inconvenient facts to
make "points."

I just love how Steve Jobs told Wozniak that they would split the money from
Atari on "pong," but many years later, Wozniak found out that while he got
$700, Jobs pocketed $7,700.

John Willkie, who tries to avoid all reality-distortion fields, and who has
read at least three books about the early days of Apple.