[opendtv] Re: Digital TV: Brazil to Adopt Anything But the American System

  • From: William Smith <wsmith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:10:41 -0500

Why should any existing business be prevented from adapting to and
developing new markets and technologies?... By your logic John the Baby
Bells would be stuck with only the voice market...and human operators..

Its a broadcasters business model to distribute information to the
masses free of charge... Using Audio, Video and Data (VBI in the analog
world) to mobile, portable, and fixed receivers...Nothing has changes
except that with 8-VSB the mobile and portable markets are now
restricted by the technology...and they are now no lonager free...

William

John Golitsis wrote:
> And just what makes you think you should have that ability?
>
> On 3-Feb-06, at 12:11 PM, Nat Ostroff wrote:
>

>>If the
>>Sinclair petition for a dual standard had been approved we would today
>>be able to decide what businesses we, as broadcasters, wanted to
>>address.

----
William B. Smith - Special Projects Engineer  Email: wsmith@xxxxxxx
Technology Division                           ----------------------