[opendtv] Digital Stream STBs

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:44:37 -0500

Seems strange, maybe, that Digital Stream seems to have introduced a set
of updated HD STBs, two of which use the same model number as previous
ones.

The Accurian was basically a Digital Stream HD3150. And they also used
to sell their own Digital Stream 3150Plus, an update of the Accurian.

Now they sell updated versions of the HD3150 and HD3150Plus, and an
HD5150:

http://www.dstreamtech.com/english/product/product_list.asp?prtdvn=PRT00
30001

These can also receive unencrypted QAM, unlike the originals, and the
3150Plus also NTSC, unlike the original.

I wonder. Is this also for their home market? They are a Korean company.
Maybe that's why the emphasis on STBs? Otherwise, they certainly won't
comply with the coupon program. And since these are updates, I wonder if
they have also incorporated a 5th gen type of demod?