[opendtv] Re: Democrats Air Concerns About Analog Switchover

  • From: "dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:13:48 -0500

Bert Wrote:

>It seems crystal clear that cable is extracting demands of the OTA
>broadcasters that are detrimental to their OTA distribution medium. I
>know you place no importance on that, but of course I do.
>
>Cable and DBS companies advertize on OTA TV all the time. When was the
>last time you saw an OTA broadcaster advertize his DTT offerings, or DTT
>at all, on cable or DBS?

      Bert explains my position accurately. Often retransmission deals
consist of compensation to broadcasters in the form of Cable advertizment
on the OTA channel. As Mark A. has reported, cable does not hesitate to
withdraw this compensation when broadcasters attempt to promote FOTA
services.
And, I'm not focusing on "independent" stations, this issue applies to
network affiliate that are owned independently; the status of the twenty
full power stations owned by our company.

Dale