[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "johnwillkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:25:15 -0700

John;

That's simply FALSE.

AutumWave has a USB dongle that is fifth-generation.
Dimanod Vision ahs a USB dongle that is fifth generation.

Last I heard, there aere about two dozen others being marketed.

Neither is a STB, athough I could probably dig up some old plastic to pad
them out, but they would cost more than the $89 I paid for the diamond
visison.  However, neither is a tv set either.

My diamond vision doesn't give composite or audio out (in hardware), but it
does have comp and s-vid in.  Of course, one can plan with the USB output
and route it to ..

Silver Sensor?  I just paid $13 for a 2-bay panel reflector.  I'll probably
pay for a VHF as well.  I now get all but one SD DTV station, and most of
the Tijuana ones, even though I'm less than 2 miles from the tx site.

Oddly enough, I get the same number of SD dtv stations by using the 4 inch
atenna that comes with the dimanonvision, mounted in the center of my
apartment, and hooked up to a second-generation MyHD card.

In other words, you can't tell the FUD from the truth without testing.

John Willkie

From: "Barry Wilkins" <barry.barrywilkins@xxxxxxxxx>