[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 23:51:36 -0400

Who would decide what the number was one year after transition?  You
have at least a dozen numbers for what OTA is today. We know that most
analog goes away in early 2009 but not all. So we should restrict it
to DTV OTA.

Should be a pretty good read on the number of converters sold and we
can be pretty sure that their buyers will at least try them.

Maybe we should just pick a research house that we all can agree on
and say that their first survey that covers that first year will be
the number and that number will be the number of households that they
say rely on DTV OTA, one answer, or have at least one set that has OTA
DTV capability and is used at least some specific minimum amount of
time, second answer.

Two different picks, one for OTA DTV only households and one for
households with at least one USED OTA DTV receiver. Having one in the
garage for emergencies that no one uses for anything else would not
count.

I will go with 3% for rely on and 6% for total number of households
that have at least one receiver that is actually used some minimum
amount of time for OTA DTV. Say 10 hours a week.

I will probably be high on both counts. I am an eternal optimist.
.
Bob Miller

On 6/28/07, Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One of the nice things about the USB receivers is that using a laptop
you can record what you got, breakups and all.  So a single individual
could go to one of those locations and record 10 minutes or so to show
quality was good with few breakups, or not.

Having done that, try changing channels without antenna fiddling and
show the results of that also.

But it might be a useful experiment.

- Tom