[opendtv] Re: Demand for free DTV rising in Australia

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:40:18 -0400

As I see it we basically just have to debate this issue for about 20 more months, while staving off any attempts to delay the cutoff. Then there will be lots of real world tests and commentary.

In the meantime maybe we could start a pool about what the percentage usage of OTA will be one year after the cutoff. Anybody want to go first? Maybe Craig would volunteer a 6-pack of home brew as a prize to the winner. ;-)

- Tom

Dale Kelly wrote:
Honestly, it seems to me that all of the improvements in 8-VSB receivers
fall on deaf ears. So to get off the dime, I see no other recourse than
revisiting some of the sites of tests that were not controversial from
the COFDM side.

Not true, this all started with me saying that 8VSB had improved to the
point that we should simply get on with it.