[opendtv] Re: Delay

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:00:37 -0500

John Willkie wrote:
Beyond using MPEG-4/AVC/VC-1, for his scheme to work, we need to have fewer
than 480x640 pixels per picture, and probably fewer than 24 frames per
second.
Interesting that you can quantify compression so well. My experience has been that the spatial and temporal detail of a particular sequence have a lot more to do with its bit-rate demands than strict resolution or frame rate.

I suspect "Meet the Press" in 1080-line HD can demand fewer bits than a basketball game in SD.

TTFN,
Mark

TTFN,
Mark