[opendtv] Re: Delay

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 13:50:45 -0500

I didn't...Bob did.

He said that with COFMD, we'd have 30 or more channels. If you can't do that now with 8VSB, then what would have to change with COFDM to free up the space for this?

On 12-Dec-06, at 1:34 PM, John Shutt wrote:

John,

How do you figure that COFDM would have precluded HDTV in any way? How do you think E-VSB or A-VSB will impact HDTV any more than COFDM would have?

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ah, so you're still of the opinion that we should have gone with COFDM at the expense of HDTV.