[opendtv] Re: Content picture fuzzy for latest HDTVs

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:02:26 -0800

Kon wrote:
> the chances are high they are using a small embedded platform. Chances
> are higher they are using ARM or MIPS on matchbox PCB or SoC with
> coprocessor

Where are the protestations from those who bemoan that, when ATSC receivers
are included in all sets, customers are forced to pay for hardware they
might not use?
I realize that the ATSC receiver was mandated and this new hardware is not;
it appears to be the manufacturers choice and that makes it OK? It would be,
of course, if the consumer has an option to purchase the same set without
that hardware, at a lower price.

This is a stretch of logic on my part, I know, but this subject is almost as
boring as many of Craig's rants.....