[opendtv] Re: Commissioner Copps on Internet openness

Most of the people I know have a habit of coming home from work
and turning the TV on but never paying much attention to it.

It's just there for background noise.

Lets see that fact turned into a statistic!

Cliff

On 11/20/2010 6:05 PM, Albert Manfredi wrote:

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

This makes the fact that 60% of prime time and 70-80% of
non-prime time "live TV" viewing is non-broadcast content
even more significant, as FOTA homes do not contribute to
the latter.

Problem is, I don't even buy that statistic. I'd love to know just how that
statistic is calculated.

I have a feeling that what the stat really says is that non-major-TV-network
content is watched during non-prime-time, which is hardly surprising. Or maybe
the number includes people mindlessly watching CNN showing in airport monitors,
during non prime time, as TV viewing.

I don't watch TV during the day much, aside perhaps from the occasional 24 hour
international news channels on weekends, but I would be surprised if no one is
watching soaps anymore? Or did they take those off FOTA TV? Dunno.