[opendtv] Re: Commentary: Is Internet TV yet another would-be wedding?

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:43:02 -0400

John Willkie wrote:
Pretty close to a whine.

Probably not, but I like that phrase. ;-)

My bread these days is buttered a bit more on the side of OTA broadcasting so I'm not completely dismayed.

However if you forget the content ownership for a moment and just count the relative price and capabilities of getting pixels to consumers I think the trend is pretty obvious.

- Tom

The better way of saying it: mostly, Internet TV
is crap, since high-quality producers tend to be more interested in
high-quality distribution systems.

Aren't you glad that "the Blair Witch Project" changed everything.  I once
had an investor on the line who wanted to invest in "something like that"
but not a "movie" or media project.  I hope he used the money on something
more worthwhile, like illegal drugs.

John Willkie