[opendtv] Re: Commentary: Is Internet TV yet another would-be wedding?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:07:48 -0400

At 9:03 PM -0700 8/26/08, John Willkie wrote:
I've got no problem with the concept, until it kills TV news.  Let's see; we
won't have local newspapers, we won't have local tv, we will have all sorts
of people commenting on things.  Sounds very bad to me.

The trend is a long, long, long way from a tipping point.  Keep me informed
when a producer decides to forego pitching to the networks and decides to
"go nude on the internet."

Might even happen in my life.

John Willkie

TV news is killing itself. Probably because it is more focused on entertainment and image than reporting.

I am not afraid of a future where news is reported by people who actually witness it...

http://broadcastengineering.com/RF/new-news-makers/

I AM afraid of news from people who manipulate it.

And then there is the opportunity to use the new technology to compete effectively with the traditional media.

http://www.hbtv.us/