[opendtv] Re: Commentary: Bad News in Mogulville

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:56:02 -0400

I just don't get these vitriolic articles with such dogmatic points
of view.

If the writer has a point about any one company owning both all-
news radio stations in a given (enoromous) market, that point gets
lost completely when his true colors shine through the rhetoric.

So he hates radio and TV, and believes it is, or rather should
be, going out of business. If it's truly failing, then what's
he ranting about? Anything the FCC does or doesn't do will
be irrelevant. Who cares if the same company owns two news
radio stations (in a market that has heaven only knows how many
dozen radio stations) if "everyone" getting their news via
the Internet? Let it be, then. The radio and TV stations will
go extinct, and all the ranting will have been for nothing.

Meanwhile, all these folks getting their news via the Internet
will certainly not be affected by anything media moguls own
in the radio and TV market.