[opendtv] Re: Closer

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 20:10:28 -0800

I said:
> Such a problem is seldom, if ever, a monitor problem.
> (In my experience anyway, which is somewhat lacking in the newest display
> technologies).

To further clarify; I've had a 50 inch Samsung DLP for one year and did have
many of the same start up experiences as Craig, though I we have Samsung's
DirecTV/ATSC receiver and DVD player, both with DVI output.  My observation
is that DVI provides a superior image and that the 1080i /720P conversion is
very good. A major hardware shortfall, in my opinion, is that the Samsung
monitor has but one DVI input.

Additionally, we have an excellent performing Panasonic 5.1 channel home
theater audio/video unit that, IMO, adds as much value to the system as does
the HDTV feature.

Add to that the recent purchase of a Harmony programmable remote control and
all is well for *all* members of our household! Harmony - a great name!