[opendtv] Re: Closer

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2005 19:01:29 -0600

Tom Barry wrote:

> Yep.  For some reason if you want to show off HD it almost has to be
> sports.

Or Leno. Some of the ABC sitcoms also are almost as good,
especially Life with Bonnie.

> For the most part I no longer watch almost any NTSC, so I don't have
> that problem.  Properly scaled DVD's also don't so it's not a problem
> sitting closer for them.
>
> The exception is news where I have no HD source and am constantly
> annoyed by the picture.  :-(

One of our local stations (Sinclair!) is claiming HD news on
TitanTV.com. It's not. But it's a damn good upconvert! Quite
impressive.

> Anyway, it's good to see you, Bert, and maybe others on the list playing
> more with HD now.  Sounds like a good Xmas was had by many.

Yes indeed. Around where I work HDTV has reached the keep
up with the Joneses level.

Doug McDonald