[opendtv] Re: COFDM and equalization

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:03:47 -0400

John Shutt wrote:

> [...]
NONE!!! No 8-VSB receiver manufacturer including Linx will go head to
head with COFDM. I have personally invited Linx to come to Manhattan
where we could do a direct comparison. They were all for it until it
dawned on them that this was not someday but right then. I actually had
a transmitter and it could actually happen.

No one called back after that.

We still have those original Nokia receivers so bring then on. Nokia
made receivers for us in 1999 and they will beat anything 8-VSB has
today IMO.

And COFDM has not stood still. What we are working with now is far far
superior to 1999. I am much more confident in my challenge that at the
same power level we will drive around any location that 8-VSB can be
received at while receiving COFDM mobile. ANY LOCATION.