[opendtv] Re: Bob likes COFDM

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:55:52 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> And let us not forget about the PVR channel multiplier
> effect.  Having a machine easily recording things at
> off hours effectively multiplies your channel choices
> by a factor of 2 or 3.  So a half dozen channels being
> trolled 24 hours / day is likely more than enough
> content for many.

I agree, Tom, and that's how I operate my TV viewing.
Even with all the time wasted on informercials in the
wee hours, a recorder still gives me all the TV I care
to watch.

I noticed on the LG web site that they have an ATSC PVR.
Sounds like a good thing to me.

I completely concur with Terry Harvey's sentiments.