[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

John Shutt wrote:

>Aren't USDTV receivers, like the RCA DT-100 receivers before them,
>subsidized by the service provider, so you can't get the $200 price without
>a subscription?
>
>John Shutt

The subsidy brings the cost down from what USDTV pays for them, $150, to
$19.95 when you sign up for the  subscription USDTV service. The WalMart
price has nothing to do with USDTV and is $200 AFAIK. USDTV is only in
three cities. In all other cities and if you just want to buy the
Hisense receiver without a subscription in those three cities the cost
is again $200.