[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:40:14 -0400

Here is the exact wording of our 1997 license renewal:

LICENSE RENEWAL AUTHORIZATION

THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR APPLICATION
FOR RENEWAL OF LICENSE, BRET-19970602KY, WAS
GRANTED ON 09/25/1997 FOR A TERM EXPIRING ON
10/01/2005 AND IS SUBJECT TO THE CONDITION
THAT ON DECEMBER 31, 2006, OR BY SUCH OTHER
DATE AS THE COMMISSION MAY ESTABLISH IN THE
FUTURE UNDER SECTION 309(j) (14) (A) AND (B)
OF THE COMMUNICATIONS ACT, THE LICENSEE
SHALL SURRENDER EITHER ITS ANALOG OR ITS
DIGITAL TELEVISION CHANNEL FOR REALLOCATION
OR REASSIGNMENT PURSUANT TO COMMISSION
REGULATIONS. THE CHANNEL RETAINED BY THE
LICENSEE WILL BE USED TO BROADCAST DIGITAL
TELEVISION ONLY AFTER THIS DATE.
CHANNEL: 23

BOARD OF TRUSTEES, MICH. STATE UNIV.
283 COMM. ARTS BLDG.
WILSON ROAD
EAST LANSING, MI 48824

THIS IS YOUR LICENSE RENEWAL AUTHORIZATION
FOR STATION WKAR-TV.
THIS CARD MUST BE POSTED WITH THE STATION'S
LICENSE CERTIFICATE AND ANY SUBSEQUENT
MODIFICATIONS.

FACILITY ID: 6104
LOCATION: EAST LANSING, MI