[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:47:02 -0700

First, you decrease the value of TV to make yourself seem more valuable.
Then, you say -- apparently ignorant of the falsehood -- that a simple
technical fix, a fix that only you can offer, will solve everything.  Like
everything is simplistic, and only you have the fixes, among 300 million
Americans.  Pearls before swine.

By the way, there were 1200 TV stations in 1986.  The reason the FCC
increased the number (starting effectively with new grants in 1981 was as a
result of the studies done for MM Dkt 78-252, the VHF drop in proceeding.
For FM, it came with MM Dkt 80-90.