[opendtv] Re: Barriers eroding to LCD TV adoption

Dale Kelly wrote:

> IMO, the value to Motorola in the announcement of such a low
> price is to add
> value to the Congressman's agenda of speeding the transition.
> Motorola has
> much to gain from product development for new services that
> will utilize the returned spectrum.

Motorola has much to gain from both the returned spectrum and
from the tuner mandate/digital cable agreement. I really don't
know how they can lose in this. The only thing I can't figure
out is why so many folk seem so bent on pretending this
particular single example of CE manufacturing evolution can't
work like every other similar example. It's baffling.

For example, how can anyone go on insisting that built-in
ATSC tuners must go on costing $200, when stand-alone boxes
last Christmas cost that much? It's really bizarre.